I Blinked...

and it was December. December 8th if I want to be exact. But let's rewind a bit. Pricey went to Disney without us and had a good time. 

My mom and I had a date night while he was gone seeing a sneak premiere of Creed (which was amazing). Right before I met her for dinner, I had a team-building event for our now dismantled team. I didn't like the picture selected, so I decided to Live in Color. 

Isn't it pretty?! Perfect addition to my room's decor
As soon as Price returned, we were up and running with Thanksgiving preparations. We were in charge of cleaning, prepping, desserts, punch, and hosting. He is always a great helper!

I think he missed me - I was so excited to see my shadow. He did not understand why we were buying 10 raspberry gingerales. I had to let him know quickly - they were 10 for $10. AND they only stock this during the holiday season. It is my FAVORITE. I will not live without it between now and January. AND I may or may not share (outside of making punches for our entertaining). 
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving was a big day for the kids. I think it is important for them to create their own traditions. Gabi was in Maryland with her mother's family & was missed. However, Mochs & Pricey loved seeing The Good Dinosaur; going to Dave & Buster's for some games; and then having conversations over pizza & red velvet cake at California Pizza Kitchen.


Oh how I wish I could have some more of that fried turkey right now - it was beyond delicious and cut down on our early morning on Thanksgiving. BUT what if I told you I broke a new bottle of Jack Daniels Black Label as soon as I got up bringing all the liquor upstairs for adult libations??? FUMBLEEEE! Thank goodness my uncle had already bought another bottle. It was great spending time with my family over lots of yummy food. 

We finally attempted to take a picture of all 3 boys together. Hmmm...don't think it worked out well, we will try again in 2 weeks at Kody's 1st bday party. YES - Kody will be 1. And Kazim is almost 6 months - sheesh. Time is flying. I guess we have to get my grandmother's grandchildren picture re-done.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

This year's dining room center piece - now we just have to eat dinner in here. lol! 
My favorite reading spot for the next few weeks. Price has also moved his bed time stories to the living room as well (even though I decorated his room because I am THAT aunt). 
Speaking of reading, I have read 6 books (Naughtier than Nice, Mama's Boy, Stand Your Ground, Bane, Home for the Holidays, and Loving Luke) in the last week...a sure sign of my stress levels. Oy vey!

I could not wait until last Friday because I was OFF FROM WORK. And even better...it was time for my mom and I to tackle our shopping with our annual all day excursion. 11 hours in the books and the only thing successful was shopping for the kids, their Christmas sleepover, a few things for the house, and some things for ourselves. I didn't take advantage of Cyber Monday or Black Friday online deals this year since I was so consumed with the changes at work, but I am sure I will finish my shopping from my bedroom. 

However, I loved every minute spent with my mama. And did I mention we did Happy Hour for dinner to unwind?! Nom nom nom! 

We were looking for some more "bulk" for our holiday decor and for some reason she would NOT let me bring these home. I am hell bent on finding some reindeer now. 
How cute is this elderly couple??? They made my heart flutter as they were dressed up and holding hands for date night. <3
I suppose I should begin wrapping what I do have and finalize the kid's sleepover...because you know, it's in five days. Then there are cakes & cookies to be made; Kody's Clubhouse fun for his 1st bday; Breakfast with Santa; movies to be seen; and deciding if we should have a holiday open house. I simply love this time of year.

Are you in high gear preparing for all the family time to come in the next few weeks? What are you looking forward to the most this holiday season?







CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top