Love is...

I swear you have the BEST conversations in the most unlikely places. Case and point, every 5 weeks I lay on the table and talk to my therapist.

I have been seeing Sabah for about 3 years now - she has become more like my older sister than an esthetician. There is NO topic off limits. Well, how could there be since all inhibitions are left outside the door. As she goes through the motions, we really talk. I love the relationship we have built and I have learned so much about her religion, her culture, and her expectations in her next relationship.

You see, we both have been single for some time now. And I had so much to divulge in my last appointment.

As we began to dissect a few situations, all of a sudden Sabah stopped and said, Holly love is an art. It cannot be forced. The passion is either there or it is not.  You have to remain patient and your appreciation will be that much deeper once your love is found. And sometimes we have to work hard for it - love transcends all...even distance, so travel & explore. I took pause, reflected, and quickly agreed.

Love. IS. Art. 

I cannot wait to see Sabah today so she can help me decipher some more things on my list.

 

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. So poetically spoken and true. Love is art. And I will try to remember that the next time I fall to my knees in exasperation as I cry out "Lord when?!" as it pertains to my non-existent love life haha. Thank you for this post girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also have to remember it is NOT in our time...as frustrating as it may become, ya know?!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Back
to top