Summer Flicks

With summer winding down, let's talk flicks! Am I the only one who felt there were not enough movies released this summer that piqued my interest?! I did manage to hit up the theater a few times.

Ahhhhhh Money Monster. I do not think you can go wrong with George Clooney & Julia Roberts, right?! I particularly loved the inside look of the behind the scenes production of a tv show.
My rating for Money Monster: B

I was excited to finally take Price to the theater to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. I love the fact so many things from my childhood are re-emerging, so I can experience it again through his eyes. However, I was disappointed with this movie - BUT Price loved it! I guess my expectations were too high.
My Rating for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: C

I LOVED the book Me Before You, so of course I waited anxiously for this movie to get released. It did not disappoint. Such a heartbreaking, yet fulfilling story.
My rating for Me Before You: A

For Father's Day, I took my dad to see Central Intelligence. We laughed the entire time and are ready for the sequel to be released.
My rating for Central Intelligence: B

I had no expectations for Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates. The only thing I was certain of is that I wanted Mr. P's pizza before the movie, so I could sip on a few margaritas and possibly laugh for a bit. After all, Zac Efron and comedy didn't seem to correlate in my head. This turned out to be hilarious!
My rating for Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates: B

I was nervous to see Bad Moms. I was thinking they showed all the funny parts in the previews and there was nothing left for the theater. Boy was I wrong! It was so much fun being surrounded by moms on a late night, not bothering to get dressed (of course I wore a white tee, jeans, and Lauren Conrad flip flops - thanks Rae for introducing me to these things), indulging in bad food and specialty drinks...



definitely a great girls night! 
My rating for Bad Moms: A

My ex got me hooked on these Bourne movies years ago...I would reluctantly go (if I would have knew then, what I know now...but that's another blog post) while I secretly fell in love with the series. It was so great to see Bourne back in action!
My rating for Jason Bourne: A

For some reason, I thought Southside With You would explore the Obamas courtship and was not simply their first date. They had the longest first date ever, but aren't those usually the BEST dates???

And of course we had to stop to get ice-cream on the way home. You have to see the movie to understand. We decided to try out Dreams Ice Cream Factory in Glenside.

 
I went with the Cookie Monster - chocolate chip cookie dough mixed with cookies & cream, colored blue
My rating for Southside With You: B

I had to see When the Bough Breaks simply for the eye candy. I never turn down a chance to see a nice looking man in a suit. *swoons* I found myself laughing while I watched this movie at inappropriate times...probably because we tried to figure out the plot before it unfolded to see if we guessed correctly.
My rating for When the Bough Breaks: C

I remember watching the media coverage of US Airways Flight 1549 crashing into the Hudson. It was quite interesting to have more insight on what Sully & Jeff felt in those moments and the aftermath of having to defend their decision of landing on the river.

And you know what amazes me even more?! The promise a pilot or captain makes...they will always be the LAST one to disembark during a tragedy AFTER ensuring all their passengers are no longer on the carrier or in danger. Now that is dedication to a job!
My rating for Sully: C

What flicks did you catch this summer?



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top