Guest Blogger (Andrea) - C'est La Vie


Double Trouble - that was the moniker  Andrea and I earned throughout high school and college. I have no idea how we got that name, but it was always guaranteed if you were looking for one of us, the other was not too far behind. A few weeks ago, I actually found her "request letter" from her 18th birthday and I couldn't help but laugh. If you all think I take birthdays seriously, yall haven't seen anything until you get an official notice from Drea. 30 has been good to her thus far, see what I mean below. Also, don't forget to check out her blog Living to Live Again here

Wow. I finally get my turn to contribute to the awesomenessthat is "Stilettos with my Latte." I Love this blog; yes,with a capital "L" so you know it's real.

At first I didn't see the value in me contributing a "30"post since I was one of the first to go over the hump way back inFebruary. Seems so long ago. But actually this is perfect because as yearend draws near, I can reflect on 2012 and say that 30 has been good tome.

I celebrated the milestone by jumping on a plane and getting out of the country. Before this year, I'd never set foot outsidethe U.S. so I was determined to spend my 30th anywhere not called America.

It wasn't where I intended (Rome), but my time in the Dominican Republic was exactly what I wanted for my birthday. I envisioned myself in a far away land doing something extra ordinary to mark three decades of living. So when the calendar hit 02/16/12, I was hiking in a mountain and zip lining through the trees of beautifulD.R. It was perfect.



When I got back, I fully embraced 30 in a few key ways. Inno particular order here's what turning 30 has meant for me:

1. For someone who can pass for a college underclassman, Ilook great for 30! I don't mean this in a cocky way by any means, but Isee it as proof that I've had 30 years of happiness and peace.

2. I am what God made me to be. Like most women, I deal withmy share of insecurities. This year has taught me to appreciate whatGod had in mind when He created me.

3. Turning 30 has made me realize that there's so much lifeto live and so much world to see. Since entering my 30s I've prayeda consistent prayer that the good Lord allow me to see as muchas possible of this world He has created.

So, by now I’m sure Holly is wondering when I'll get to thegood part so I guess #3 is a perfect segue.

A few weeks ago I went to Paris. Out of the clear blue sky I was given an opportunity to go to France! Seeing and experiencing Paris far exceeded what I could have even imagined praying for. The city is amazing. The language (especially when men speak it) is so beautiful. The architecture, the fashion, the breads, the cheeses, the pastries; it was so much to take in (literally). My favorite part by far was the Eiffel Tower.As I stood beneath it and looked upon it with my own two eyes, I was overwhelmingly grateful for prayers answered and an awesome start to my 30s. And with that said, I'm excited to see what the next decade has in store for me - C'est La Vie!



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top