Sunday's Inspiration

I was supposed to go wine tasting this afternoon - the weather dampened my plans, not to mention I felt like my spirit was missing something - so I listened - and as always Waller knew what I needed or should I say God knew what I needed to hear and he used Waller as his messenger - Walk Through the Door - overcoming your fears to get to the next step of your life (where God wants you to be) and knowing you are following the right path because your calling will not only be beneficial to your life, but it will also bless others.

I always love Waller's analogies and the way he unpacks his message - the whole "house" scenario hit home for me. To sum it up, when the devil is offering something to you, you will see all the perks up front - as soon as you open the door, which makes you want to jump at this opportunity. However, when you go to someone's house, and walk through the door - you cannot see everything this home has to offer and in time you will reap the reward if you are willing to take that chance overcoming your fear of the unknown.

Fear of the unknown has constantly stood in my way - I ALWAYS like to know what I am dealing with upfront and I frequently battle with leaping into unchartered territory therefore taking a risk. Now his opening words are resonating through my spirit as I gear up to start my new project taking a risk - when I find myself doubting my steps, I will turn to this (or the serenity prayer) to calm my spirit.

I have studied, but I need your strength
I have prepared, but I need your power,
I’m willing and I want to, but only you can make me able
Silently now I wait for thee, ready my Lord thy will to see 
Open mine eyes and illumine me
Spirit divine

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top