End of an Era

As I awakened yesterday, I was suddenly thrown into a frenzy. While I browsed my twitter feed, it became official...Peyton Manning was going to retire from the NFL. This humble, gracious quarterback had decided after 18 years, he was ending his career.

It has been a pleasure to watch the sheriff take the field each season. Thankfully, his final two games consisted of his team beating Tom Brady & the Patriots followed by the Broncos dabbing on the Panthers and clenching the Super Bowl win in San Francisco. What a way to go out!

Credit: AP Photo/David J. Phillip
His press conference was scheduled for today and my immediate thought was all jobs should close for the day. Who would not want to be glued to their tv screen watching?! Since my thoughts didn't manifest themselves, I did the next best thing: grabbed my macbook & earphones to go to the cafeteria for a late lunch and to listen to his final reflections on his incredible career in the NFL.


He left us with this gem: football has taught me not to be led by obstructions and setbacks but instead to be led by dreams. 

It was only fitting he ended his heart warming speech with one word: OMAHAAAA! This is truly the end of an era. (But hey Peyton, if you get bored the 49ers could desperately use some consulting!) 

Credit: Denver Broncos



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top