What the What?!!?!

Something happened tonight...it has NEVER happened in my 34.95 years here on earth...it made my mouth drop...I hope you are sitting down as you read this because I am not sure you are ready...I know I was not...

My father told me...YOU SOUND LIKE A SPOILED BRAT RIGHT NOW. No, he did not yell it...but I needed to make sure you felt the impact of his words. 

I said: DAD, you have NEVER called me that ever...in all my years...(thinking in my head how I may have had some pretty bratty moments in the past - you know the times when my mom tells me to take a nap, but my dad doesn't call me out)

And he said: Well, do you hear yourself?!

My next response may surprise you: I burst out laughing and then told him to take it back because I know he didn't mean it.

I guess you want to know why he said this, huh?! Well, my mom was on the phone with my uncle and I hadn't talked to her all day since I was deep in my content marketing world. As I waited for her to become available, I casually said to my dad: I wish he would get off the phone so I can talk to her. We haven't talked all day. *shrugs* Sorry, NOT SORRY.

He has YET to retract his words in case you were wondering.

Not sure how I will sleep tonight after this verbal exchange...probably like a baby, huh?! <inserts devilish laugh here>

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

Back
to top