Fly Into 35

A few weeks ago, Andriece turned 35. She is totally unlike me...meaning she says she expects NO fanfare for her birthday. YET I think deep down, we all want our day (we all know my birthday behavior extends much longer than a day) acknowledged in some way. After all, who doesn't like feeling thought of or special if just for a day, your day. 

Sweet T's Bakeshop has been on my radar since my 30th birthday. I never happened to visit when in New Jersey, but a 35th bday seems like the perfect moment to try them out early on a Saturday morning. 
I think I am officially safe from kidnappers
Just wearing my Saturday (or every day) uniform
On top of having delicious baked goods & coffee along with killer decor, their customer service was impeccable and in a prime location. We will definitely return to try some more goodies. 

With 90s R&B blasting, we hit the road back to Philly to stop for lunch at Foghorn. A fellow Central High alum opened this place in East Falls and we couldn't wait to try their rendition of chicken. 
The crimson & gold immediately transformed me back to my high school days 
I had to get a soda as a nod to what I drank eons ago
Albeit a simple menu, the chicken was not greasy and delectable. The sauces provided great additional flavors. The fries had a perfect crisp. And their homemade pickles divine. I can see this place becoming a staple to my routine.

After lunch, we parted ways to gear up for Andriece to fly into 35...but just before we left for the evening, we had a toast which provided me some liquid courage.
Pouring champagne over rainbow sherbet is a nice twist and refreshing
I had no idea what I had signed myself up for, but before I knew it we arrived at iFly and was putting on our gear to try indoor skydiving. We went into a classroom to meet our instructor Sam. I loved his nonchalance about how easy this would be and how we would fly unassisted in no time. He even had a joke...this is iFly, not iHold, so position your body like this, relax and fly. I giggled and quickly told him, I was clumsy and he would end up holding me for most of the time I was in the chamber. 

AND GUESS WHO JOKINGLY VOLUNTEERED TO GO FIRST?! The birthday girl. Ummmmm guys...this meant I had to go second. I began to sweat. AND I DON'T SWEAT.
Oh! And of course on our second flight, we were flying high and going up higher in the chamber. Fun times (I wonder when they will create a sarcastic font)
Watch Sam showing off with some really cool tricks after our class finished their flights below: 
Not sure if I would do this again, but it was fun experiencing something new. I think I have to get used to the air pressure before I would become totally at ease to just let go.

However, I believe flying is metamorphic with how Andriece will spend her 35th year. Sometimes we need to get uncomfortable to really fly and I am confident she will reach new heights this year. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top