Pura Vida!

What if I told you I didn't pack for Costa Rica until a few days prior...andddd even worse, I didn't start shopping until a few weeks before?! Thank goodness Maya & Andriece kept me on track and kept sending me links of things I should buy. If it wasn't for them - who knows what would have went in my suitcase.

With my weekend full, I was running non-stop until my 5am flight Monday out of Newark...let's just say this caramel macchiato was more than vital by the time we touched down in Miami for our layover. 
Should I express my annoyance I was forced to travel in a leather jacket and jeans since the weather in Philly did not get the memo spring has arrived???? 
As soon as we arrived at Secrets Papagayo, they exclaimed welcome home - and handed me a drink. I immediately thought, I just may like it here. I also managed to consume 2 drinks within 30 minutes of my arrival, but who was counting?! 

 

Of course I had to test out their mirror in the lobby before going to our room
Our first view of the resort from the lobby

Day time looks 

 

 


Thanks to Andriece, this dress lives on. Somehow I popped a strap last year, and I refused to throw it away. Too bad I didn't get a good pic in the bathing suit underneath the dress. Trust me - it was cute AND my only one piece I packed. 

I think I was most excited to try some Costa Rican coffee. 

Check out the fancy appliance in Coco Cafe
Love at first sip...but this was not my drink of choice
One morning I finally found yogurt at the spa restaurant 
Let the libations flow

Ahhhhh...and then there were drinks...lots and lots of drinks...howler moneys...rainbow shots...

 

Bob Marley shots...

 

margaritas...and Costa Rica shots...

 

mojitos...champagne...so many options, so little time...I took on the challenge like a champ. Yet I tapped out on shots of tequila and vodka - a girl has to have her limits, no?! 

I had a ton of plans for this vacation - I was going to do a few excursions, read books, take naps, and write. Everybody else on the resort had a different idea - I sneakily read one book in between socializing with new friends from Delaware, Chicago, Lancaster, Oklahoma City, Houston, and Los Angeles. Who knew we would meet so many great people?!

We had daily pool "parties" which included shots by 10am & french fries by 2 to begin the sobering up process for dinner...


Secrets Papagayo also offered various activities. My first full day there they had water aerobics. Now we all know I am against exercising on vacation. So I continued to drink at the pool bar. However, I looked up, and some eye candy appeared to help teach the class. He removed his shirt, and got in the pool to illustrate proper techniques. My interest now piqued - I downed another shot and decided to go see what water aerobics was all about...heyyyyyyy Magic! 

     

Magic also taught a cooking class, a Spanish class (you know because I didn't take Spanish for FIVE years - why weren't our teachers this hot in school?!), and was a guide for the sunset hike. Sign me up please! Oh wait - between all my drinking I forgot to sign up. Thank goodness he was there to remind me.  

Resort Scenery

 

 

Amber decided to ball out in the gift shop
No vacation is complete without spa treatments...although I prefer my spa treatments to start on time and last the duration in which I paid. 

 

The Resort's Creatures - iguanas, monkeys, dragonflies, and lots of mosquitos who feasted on me the entire week. 

 


Oh how I am a sucker for a perfect sunset... 

 

 

 

but it may not be a good idea to take a sunset hike while drunk. I may have fell walking back to the pool after the hike. Jason was there and cracked up after he made sure I was ok - and then he said NO MORE DRINKS FOR YOU HOLLY. I could not stop laughing, but I also knew I would in fact have more drinks after I got dressed for dinner. 

Night time fun - somehow I forgot to take pictures in my favorite outfits I packed. I am sure they will make a reappearance this summer. 

Me, Magic, and Amber at a show
 

Heyyyyyyy Jason! 
Amber, Tanya, Kim, and I 
Can you believe they made me dance salsa one night?! 

I swear I blinked and I was waking up at 7am the morning of our departure. I hurriedly dressed and walked down to the pool, so I could catch the last few rays of sun. Depressed poolside, I drank while I dipped my feet in the pool. 

 

 



With one last selfie and a glass of champagne, we bid goodbye to Secrets Papagayo and all of our new friends. Despite a few resort mishaps, I managed to focus on the positive and experienced a magical time. The staff definitely made all the difference - thankful for Rodolfo, Jason, Marilyn, Carlos, Henry, Alex, and my nighttime bartender (never paid attention to his name - yikes) ensuring we had a good time and our drinks constantly overflowed.

Pura Vida! #takemebacktuesday #secretspapagayo #costarica #dearfofoletsseethosemagicmikemoves #tanyaordersomemoredrinks #shouldwediscussmybronzeglow #orthefactihavetocoveritupbecausephillyweathersucks #andimofficiallysick #drorderedanothervacation



CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Oh my G! This looks like it was an awesome trip. I shall have to live vicariously through you until I can schedule a trip of my own. SO relaxing I bet! Good for you:)
    Btw: very cute swimwear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meanwhile, I cannot get out of vacation mode and I am ready to go back NOW. Thankssssss!

      Delete

Back
to top