What's Your Brand?

I had a phone interview earlier this week and the final question left me stumped - of course, I provided an answer on the spot. However, I find myself still pondering it and developing an answer true to me and what it is I represent in the business world.

Here is the question: At the end of the day, when I gather my thoughts and think about all of the preliminary interviews I conducted with possible candidates, what is your personal brand? What is it that you want me to define you as and remember is true to you and what you would bring to my company?

To me, this is a complex question because there are so many different facets of me and what I would bring to your company to overall enhance your objectives as well as my personal professional goals. BUT there has to be a way to simplify it, right?!

As I continue to think of my perfect answer to this question (as I feel this will be monumental in my own development as well), I am interested in all of your personal brands. If presented with this question, how would you answer it? Please share. And I will update this post once I wrap my hands around my own.

CONVERSATION

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Very intriguing question! I would say my 'personal brand' is Compassionate, hard working/dedicated inspirational and success driven! I would like to leave a legacy by being remembered as a person who lived life to the fullest and enjoyed helping others in need.....well that wasn't very short but you get my drift lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say devoted mother. Anything I may have thought was important to me before I had kids pales in comparison to what I cherish now. Everything I do is for my babies, every decision I make is based upon them. It's amazing how your priorities shift! I think that this helps me be a better person in all aspects of my life and therefore is definitely my brand:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you mentioned, this is a hard one to sum up in a few words, but if I had to, I would say 'passion'. I'm at a stage where I feel like if I am not passionate about the things in my life, I shouldn't do it. I'm passionate about my family and faith (obviously), but also work and extra curricular activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your question is a good one and it is a way of thinking that will empower you. However, this interviewer was just asking the catch question of the week. It is the new thing in business-your personal brand. Google it for the "right" answers. Sorry if I was too literal.

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would agree with Rachael and say a devoted mother and wife. Everything I do in life is for my family, wither it be comimg in early or what brand of soap I buy.. okay I know but you get my point. I live for them. They complete me. I want them to grow up and to be able to say my mom is the best and she provided so much for us, and we never went without. I also want to be remembered as being a positive and kind hearted person. Someone that always had a smile on her face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiration, Motivation and Empowerment is my brand. This does not apply only to those impacted by their encounters/experience(s) with me. I have had many lessons in life that inspired, motivated and empowered me. This was drive in my personal and professional life. These engendered determination; a desire to further mature intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and socially. So, from past, present and future experiences, I seek ways to be inspired, motivated and empowered by them. In turn, from my personal experiences, I aim to inspire, motive and empower others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with Rachael, now that i'm expecting my life goals have shifted and i'm no longer concerned with taking over the world as I am preparing my children to. I guess I would want my brand to be about love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiness and self achievement that is pretty much how I sum it up. I spend every single waking and dreaming moment pondering what I am going to do to get and maintain these 2 things. If I feel that they are jeopardy, what is my back up plan to make sure that they don't get to far away from me. Don't get me wrong I am happy but there are goals that I am reaching for that would make my personal brand that much more worth the while.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top