Christmas in the City

Have you ever felt like the universe was attacking??? A man hit my car and then denied his fault once we involved insurance companies; multiple deaths; and then the hard drive ribbon on my Macbook broke while I was working on a big project. I felt the need to escape to NYC to regroup before I dove into the holidays. 

Luckily, Amber was in town and willing to take a road trip with me. 

We had no plan, we just wanted to indulge in some good drinks & food, while taking in some holiday decor. As we walked to meet up with my cousin, Tiara, we stumbled upon the Renaissance Hotel. This has become my favorite hotel in the city. After all, they have a rooftop restaurant/bar which is open all year round. 

Cheers to stomping through life, conquering all challenges thrown our way. 
Sage Against the Machine was delicious! 
Tiara was visiting the east coast from Texas. Her and her girlfriends met us on the rooftop so we could catch up. 
Sooooo our bartender was opposed to muddling or shaking too much to make our drinks. BUT I wanted a shot over this huge ice cube...yet I do not drink regular shots. We reached a compromise. He poured cranberry juice over the ice and I pretended to take a shot. Yum!
All bars should have outlets underneath their counters - we got real comfortable as our phones recharged
What a greeting in the elevator! Some older patrons were offended. 
They had great signs posted above each bathroom stall...each one made me giggle even more.



I think I need to stay here the next time I treat myself to an overnight in the city. I cannot wait to uncover the surprises in their rooms. 

As we traipsed through the NYC streets, I looked down and saw this written on the sidewalk. 
Macy's always does a great job with their window decor. 
And of course, we went to Bryant park to check out the Christmas vendors, ice skating, and their tree. 
I wanted to go on 5th Ave to observe their over the top decor, however, I did not feel like dealing with the traffic surrounding Trump Tower. 

It only seemed right to end our day with dessert. After all, my sweet tooth is insatiable. I introduced Amber to Milkbar and Magnolia Bakery. With a renewed spirit & a surge in energy, we blasted holiday music and made our way back home. Thanks Amber for experiencing Christmas in the city with me and allowing me the opportunity to just exhale.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top