Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies

In preparation for me and my mother's annual Christmas cookie baking, I have been looking for new recipes - I am kind of sick of the basics - chocolate chip, white chocolate chip, oatmeal, and sugar - last year, Collin added a new one to the mix - snickerdoodles. I thought they were more work than they were worth, but he liked them so that was all that mattered.

I ran across a recipe on twitter (http://www.keepitsweetblog.com/red-velvet-white-chocolate-heaven/)- red velvet white chocolate chip cookies. The only thing I could think of was GET IN MY MOUTH NOW! Soooooo if I decide to try these out, who plans on helping me eat them??? No one in my house eats red velvet but me. :(

Here is the recipe if you want to give it a whirl:



Cookie Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons red food coloring
1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions for Cookies:
Pre-heat oven to 375
Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt); set aside
Beat together butter and sugars until fluffy
Add eggs and vanilla and combine
Add red food coloring and beat until well mixed
Slowly add dry ingredients
Stir until well combined
Stir in chocolate chips
Drop even tablespoons of cookie dough on baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart
Bake for ~8 minutes or until slightly firm
Set your cookies aside on a wire rack to cool

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top