Guest Blogger (Kiana) - Turning 30

One thing I really admire about going to Central High School is that no matter what, we all seem to maintain contact with each other in some manner and when we get together it is always a great time! Kiana is another classmate gem from 259. We had biology together freshman year in Conway's class 4th period and sat at a slant from each other - and yes, we would pass notes (more like throw when Conway turned his back) to each other to help time go by (I HATED biology). Here is her take on turning 30. 

This was so hard for me to figure out what to say to someone about turning 30. So much has happened and transpired in my life so far that it is so hard to narrow it down to just one thing to talk about. So I decided to discuss some of my favorite quotes or lines that I live by and use that for inspiration

#1 Trust the Process
There will be many times where you will question if you are doing the right thing when it comes to your career or just life in general. I've learned to just trust God and the process of your life. 

#2 "So many people say 'why me' well, why NOT me? What is so great about you that you are not allowed to go through stuff?" © Pastor Waller
In this story called your life, you will be hurt, sad, confused, scared etc. But just push through it. Know that everyone has either been there or will be there. So use the opportunity to learn and help others when it's their turn to go through stuff.

#3 You Only Live Once (YOLO) © drake
Enjoy life! Be grateful for what you have. Don’t worry about your past.

#4 God gets mad when you walk by the color purple and don't recognize it's beauty © alice walker
 I recommend everyone to look up at the sky and look at the clouds. They are so beautiful. Remember when you were a kid and you would try to find a shape in the cloud? Do that sometimes.

#5 Time, Space No one's is alike so be you just be you and be out © digable planets
When I was in high school I had a hard time fitting in. All the girls were wearing keds and guess jeans and I wanted to wear cargo pants and I started locs. I realized that I had to just "be me". It was hard but I didn't lose friends over being me. I actually gained friends and I now actually enjoy being referred to as "that's just Kiana she moves to the beat of her own drum". So just be yourself. While you may change who you are as time goes by, that's all a part of growing and learning.

Attached is a picture of me doing Flying Trapeze for my 30th Birthday. Hey, you only live once right?







CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top