Just a Chew or 2...

I totally forgot I had requested tickets to see a taping of The Chew, but I wasn't mad when I received my email confirmation for a day in the city since I had not been ALL MARCH. And YES I was itching to go back.

The day before we were scheduled to go, Boston happened - and I knew we would be under a heightened security alert. This made me fearful. Thankfully, I have great friends, Jeannette and Drea, who can always put me in my place quickly...we cannot stop living because of other people's despicable actions towards humanity. Even though I had a heavy heart for lives lost and those injured, I continued to prepare for a day in the city.

My scheduled alarm went off without a hitch, and I was at the train station in time 
This is the first time it was a chore getting to NYC and it wasn't because buses were being stopped. First, our bus was 30 minutes late. Then, there was traffic to get on the Ben Franklin Bridge, so we had to go all around the world. And please do not stutter some disdain with what was going on because the bus driver was more than happy to let you know what was going on in a manner that would shut you up quickly. AND we got the same bus driver on the way back.
Ummmmm I think we were a tad bit fed up with the delays and I had NOT had my coffee

We did not get into NYC until 11:04, we were due in at 10 AND we were supposed to be at the studio by 11. Thankfully, the sub was right there - we arrived at the studio by 1120 and changed into our "Hollywood
 Dinner wear" quickly - then it was another waiting game to enter the area where they taped. 


What can I say?! Would I go to another taping of The Chew??? Nah - only the first row of tasters get samples and I must say, I have more fun when I go to Wendy or down the street to my best friends, Kelly & Michael. 


After Jeannette and I played stylist for Drea (please don't ask any questions), we hit up Times Square for lunch and drinks. Can you believe the first time we ate was 4pm?! Sheesh! We were starving - this is where it gets interesting. Apparently, Libras are liars, which our waiter informed me as he secured my ID for my drink. Then this "Dominican Diablo" slipped me his number before we left. Google him. 

Can you guess what drink belongs to whom?! 
I must say, it is more convenient to visit the Cake Boss Cafe than their Hoboken location - no long waits


After a rough start, we had a great day in NYC filled with laughs, girl talk, good food & drinks. Thanks Jeannette and Drea for taking a day off of work to spend it with me in one of my favorite places. 

But when are we going again?! Sex and the City tour??? Or what about Gossip Girl?! Let me know. XOXO 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top