You Never Forget Your First, Right?!

Would you believe it if I told you I have cousins who have NEVER been to NYC??? Tifani & Tiara live in Houston and are so busy when they come to visit Philly, they never have the time to get there. Yet they have been dying to do so for years...so this time we planned differently. As soon as they told me they were coming to Philly in November, I immediately requested a Friday off from work and we were determined to go.

Now what were we to do while we were there?! How silly of me to ask them the key places they HAD to see while there for a day. The list I received back astounded me. They had over 20 must sees which were located in all the different boroughs and let's not forget Hoboken. I also received questions about the cleanliness of the subways. A cab was their preferred means of travel. 

I had to come up with a game plan and quickly. It wasn't until the night before (and by night before, it was almost 11 & I had told them I would pick them up by 7) when my dad suggested a bus tour. I have never taken one, but when I looked it up online it seemed perfect. It would hit tons of landmarks (almost EVERYTHING on their list) and we could pick and choose where we got off the bus to explore. AND another bus would be at the stop to pick us up whenever we were done. I was relieved to finally have an action plan because I was determined their first experience in NYC was a success. 

Guess what?! They had never been on a train before either. Tiara's First Ride

We were in luck. NYC had decked the halls for the holidays. I swear there is nothing like the holidays in NYC. 

Macy's
Tiara had to write a letter to Santa requesting she get in to physical therapy school




The Fountain at Bryant Park

In all my travels to NYC, I have never been to their library and I was literally blown away. I definitely need to spend a day there getting lost between the covers.
On the steps of the NYC Public Library

Grand Central Station 

No breakfast meant a stop at Baked by Melissa shortly after we got there



World Trade Center Memorial
A Church
Nothing like lunch and drinks at Harry's Italian Pizza Bar to refuel.


Tif ordered a Manhattan and decided she would never do that again. 


Ahhhhhhhh...and then there was Central Park at dusk. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Central Park??? So of course, we proceeded to have a photo shoot. 










Soooo ummmm yeah, Tifani whipped out her selfie stick to take even more pictures. 


Not sure what Tifani was doing here


This is my favorite picture of us 3 - it perfectly illustrates all of our personalities
Tifani didn't get the memo to make a face. lol 



Hey Big Bird! 



I was supposed to print this and send it to our grandfather as a Christmas card. I forgot. 




After walking almost 9 miles in addition to our bus tour, I think we fully conquered the city that day. Our beds were just a short train ride (thankfully we were on the train before they announced the attacks on Paris and NYC went on lock down) ...search for a Wawa to buy some water once we got off the train...then a car ride away. 

I hope they had as much fun as I did. And oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIARA! 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top