Break Through Taboos

Remember the blog series I started a few years ago Single in the City??? I decided to breathe some air back into it this year and Valentine's Day seemed like the perfect time to start.

I hate the taboo idea intertwined with this holiday: all singles are miserable when it rolls around. I am here to tell you, regardless of your relationship status, you too can enjoy this day.

I was ecstatic it landed on a weekend when I had NOTHING on my calendar. This presented the opportunity for me to enjoy some serious me time (after I cleaned the house for 3 hours after work on Friday because let's be real...who can really relax when their home isn't freshly cleaned???)

Fresh flowers are a must in a clean house
So what did this single lady do on a weekend reserved for the lovers??? I took a shower by candle light after cleaning and then caught up on my shows via DVR Friday night.

I simply adore this gift Pricey gave me - the last tag says "you are loved". 
I woke up Saturday and decided to treat myself to see The Choice at the Movie Tavern. Nothing like a great chick flick accompanied by a margarita and mini me burgers. The only things acceptable to combat the chill outside once I returned home were a facial, mani/pedi, a lavender bath, Hallmark movies, and something sweet. After all, we never do holidays without sweets...my dad came home with cupcakes & donuts on Friday. Yum!

 

And I saved the best for last - a latte, getting lost in a book, and my Sunday nap. 

Happy Lover's Day to you all. I hope you too are indulging in some of your favorite things. And remember...even if you are unattached and do not want to be alone, grab your girlfriends and create some fun memories. I guarantee lots of laughs will ensue.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top