Viva La Mexico!

Ahhhhh...I have been told I am holding my vacation pictures hostage...and I guess I was...I missed Cabo so much I knew reviewing the pics would bring me such nostalgia. I want to be there again right NOW. But I guess I have to stop being stingy and share the beauty I experienced. 

Of course, as soon as we stepped off our plane, Alicia and I grabbed mojitos to toast to well-deserved down time.  Let the  fun begin. 

Our view from our first meal in paradise

The waves on Divorce Beach were crazy - symbolic of the end to a tumultuous marriage



Sunset from the lobby 

View of our hotel from the 5th floor

Alicia exploring Lover's Beach - much calmer waves

Just frolicking on Lover's Beach

Downtown Cabo


Yup, our hotel had a fire pit too



I have never experienced such delicious food while on vacation. We tried almost every restaurant there and was never disappointed with our meals...besides the curry dish. Lol! AND I ordered things I wouldn't typically eat....after all, if I didn't like it, I could just go to another restaurant and eat again. Win win.

Oh! And let's discuss room service...one night we were so exhausted (laying in the sun, swimming, and drinking is hard work after all) and just ordered in. They bought our meals up with fresh flowers AND set it up for us on our table in the room. Honestly...I can get used to living in that manner...only major decisions were pool or beach; what am I drinking (this answer was always EVERYTHING - please make sure my glass is never empty); and what am I eating.
Thai chicken salad - SO DELICIOUS 

Some sort of white chocolate dessert sushi - I was NOT a fan

Finally tried some fried ice-cream 

Alicia made her own guacamole one night at dinner 

Our final dinner...they bought us out special desserts and drinks. Yum! 

Did I forget to mention the convenience of wearing just a bathing suit ALL day until it was time to get ready for dinner. Simply AMAZING!





I could stay in this infinity pool for hours (and did) - I was just viewing a beach wedding here. 



This was the life! 


The Arch of Cabo San Lucas
It was only right our last night began with steam rooms, saunas, hot/cold baths, and mud massages. I told Angel he had magic hands once he bought me wine after my service. This was my best spa experience and I am afraid I have become spoiled. How will other spas compare now?! Especially since they don't have the view. *le sigh*


Ummmm and yes, we also broke the rules and took a night swim before trekking to our room for the final time  - I don't think we gained any weight because we had to walk so far at the end of the day to get to our room. And of course, we conveniently stopped at every bar & pool along the way. It's only right.

In a blink of an eye, our trip was over. And yes, I pouted and was a petulant child - I had to be pulled from the pool the night before. During our final breakfast, I downed an entire bottle of champagne because I did not want to return to reality...vacation life is oh so much better.



Cabo was beautiful and such an amazing experience. I have wanted to go here since high school and I must say it exceeded my expectations. The sights were breathtaking. The drinks bottomless. The relaxation much needed. But ummmm...I am itching to go somewhere else, so where to next?!  


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top