There's a Hurricane Brewing...

Of course Drea and I ventured to NYC to kick off my birthday celebrations. 

There is just something about us and the city that never sleeps when it's raining or snowing. Hurricane Sandy stood in our way, but Joaquin posed no threat. With no game plan, we were determined to have a good time. 

Now if I told you what she was doing a million times on the train ride up there...all to be revealed in the coming weeks
Hmmmm....how many pics does it take to get the perfect one suitable for posting?! The world may never know - and why yes, I have dark tresses and I am LOVING THEM!

The first stop off the train was to eat...we stumbled upon Hudson Station which is a Nebraska Huskies themed restaurant/bar. We figured we were just in luck to meet some new potentials since they were gearing up for a game to start soon. Although the food & drinks were good, we met nobody. Whomp! 

Have you ever heard of the Rizzoli Bookstore in Manhattan?! I have been dying to get there and was lucky to experience it with someone who loves books as much as I do. Why do we not have any places like this in Philly? I could have stayed here for hours! 

We do not venture into NYC on the weekends too often, and it appears to be more quiet than the week. OR this could have been because of the rain. I guess we will have to do this again just to test out our theory. 

 

And of course, no birthday trip is complete without a stop at a bakery. 

Magnolia Bakery NEVER disappoints 
I have been hearing great things about the Milk Bar. We went here specifically for their birthday cake truffles - ummmmm sprinkles & white chocolate, should I say more - and their birthday cake shake.


I did NOT have high expectations for this shake, but it was love at first sip. And I am very scared this may become an addiction. Luckily we have to travel at least 2 hours to get one even though they have their recipe for cereal milk posted on their website - I think this was the key ingredient. 
Thanks Drea for trekking almost 7 miles (don't kill me), tackling the rain, getting lost on subways, shopping for my most coveted Longchamp purse, and helping me celebrate my birthday. It was much appreciated. XOXO

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top