Nostalgic

With the release of Winnie the Pooh in theaters yesterday, it brings back so many child hood memories - all the way back to day care. My caretaker used to call me Holly Wolly Pooh Bear and I still remember the look, smells, food, kids, and TOYS that enriched my experience at Rainbow Day Care.

I also remember my mom used to buy me lots of Winnie the Pooh themed things - this has transferred over to my nephew - she loves Pooh and we used to watch the cartoon together on Saturday mornings - good, old Christopher Robin!

Ohhhhhh the carefree life of being a "Toys R Us kid" - we all wanted to grow up so soon and the adults always warned us "enjoy your childhood as long as you can" - if I would have known then what I know now - the innocence of children can not be duplicated and I love seeing the world through their eyes (my little cousins, my friends' children, and now my nephew) - it is always pleasing to sometimes let loose and just enjoy some carefree fun, which is why I enjoyed a pretty pink cupcake for breakfast - it was DELICIOUS and I don't feel guilty at all. :)

P.S. I would have posted a pic, however, it was devoured before I got a chance to take it. Ha!

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top