Hair Smoothie

After the summer heat and humidity, swimming in chlorine and salt water, switching back and forth between natural and straight hair styles, and coloring - your tresses need some tlc. STAT!

I am a sucker for trying new hair products and D.I.Y. natural recipes you make at home. Imagine my excitement when I found Jillian Harris' recipe for a hair smoothie on her blog. She says it makes your hair silky and shiny - I was definitely sold! Here are the details:


Ingredients 
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 banana
1 tablespoon of honey
1 egg
2 teaspoons of plain yogurt (if available)

What To Do
1. Beat all ingredients until smooth
2. Apply on hair and cover with shower cap  
3. Leave on for one hour
4. Shampoo and style as usual

So I tried it and I LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDD the results. Just a tip - when you mash the banana, really be sure to puree it or you will be washing out banana chunks for at least 2 shampoos (some people opted to use banana baby food as an alternative and says it worked just as well). 

Let me know how it works for you. ;) 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top