Medley of Foods - Oh boy!

Bogs and I planned a date night tonight - and I had to brainstorm places for us to go (why is that always my job?!) - after looking at the weather, I decided WE HAD to stay outdoors...and I wanted to cater to all her cravings since she is currently with child (and I am pushing for another Libra baby girl for her - we are so perfect!).


Anyways, Bogs picked me up in her drop top and with our hair flying in the wind - we were on our way. (We invited Indigo to come along since she was at my house and it was a perfect way for her to sample some Philadelphia night life, atmosphere and food.)

First stop, Brown Betty's since they closed at 7pm. This bakery is owned by one of my friend's sister & mother - I like to support them and I couldn't wait to get a cupcake.

Needless to say, we didn't get there in time and I didn't even see it from the street (they changed locations in Northern Liberties) so we had to reroute ourselves to dinner. (I will be back SOON to investigate earlier in the day.)

PYT for burgers was up next while sitting outside and attempting to watch the Phillies game on the Jumbotron

 - we split a burger and fries that way I would not feel HORRIBLE about getting a slice of pizza from my favorite place - Rustica Pizza on 2nd Street. Yummmmmmmmmmmm! 

You would think we would be done for the night, huh?! WRONG!!! There was one more place we HAD to try - I kept hearing about Franklin Fountain, yet I had never been or heard of it before a month ago - so we hopped in the car to head there for our last stop of the night - we got there and there was a long line - that kind of discouraged me, but we stood there trying to figure out what we wanted on their menu - they make their own icecream, soda, and candy - I was in HEAVEN! And the wait was worth it because the ice cream was simply delicious! I highly recommend going there for a sweet treat - but not a place for kids, they won't appreciate it. 

With our stomachs full, it was time to return home and drink lots of water to start washing the calories away (all in my head) - lol! Don't you wish your dates were as perfect as mine?!?!?! 

And on that note - I think it is time I go to bed, so I can get up and tackle the trails in Valley Green. 

P.S. Don't you guys think Tierra should go with me to Georgetown Cupcakes for my birthday??? Let's talk her into it! 





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top