Healthy Living & Eating

I have been trying to lose weight (about 15 - 20 pounds) for almost a year now and I get frustrated when I do not see immediate results. I adopt a regular work out routine and "attempt" to eat better - however, if I do not see a change within the first month to 6 weeks, I become lazy AGAIN and then I have to start the process all over, which means I have to break myself back into working out. AGAIN.

Here is my issue: I have NEVER had a regular work out regimen - I did not participate in gym and I always gave a lackluster effort if I was forced - and it was something I did when I was bored. Since I have MVP, I SHOULD do cardio - yet I didn't. And when I was younger if I wanted to lose weight, I wouldn't eat much of anything for like 2 weeks and I was back to fitting in whatever clothing presented a problem.

I have always been a sucker for sweets - I am my father's child - I could start my meal with dessert all the time, everyday and be perfectly content.

A few years ago, I kept losing weight and there was no reason for it - I ate whatever I wanted (fast food, baked goods, candy), when I wanted (all hours of the night) and I never worked out - YET I could not keep weight on me and of course, it was fine by me - it seems like all of a sudden the excess weight attacked me and now here I am trying to get back down to that size.

I decided to meet with an health educator - my goals are to keep my calories between 1500 - 1800 a day and work out AT LEAST 5 days a week for at least an hour. Geez! Seems intense, huh?! The calorie count hasn't been an issue as long as I don't eat out too much or eat a small portion of a high caloric item - and surprisingly, if I workout in Valley Green the hour goes by quickly and most of the time I go over an hour because I have to get back home, right?!

I have been up to my new routine for over a week now and I am proud to report I have already lost 4 pounds. I guess I just had to increase the intensity of my work outs and stop hitting "end" on the treadmill when it got too hard- no pain, no gain.

This getting old thing is NO fun, but I am determined to make working out a routine I stick with. Pray for me folks. :/

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top