Holy Earthquake IN Philly?!?!

Let's set the scene - I was lounging on the chair/ottoman in the family room, watching Young & the Restless, and responding to an email - and my house started to shake (it sounded like the sub was coming) - I put the tv on mute, stopped typing and my mom yells downstairs "Holly, what kind of work out are you doing" - I didn't respond and listened some more and I realized - THIS is an earthquake.

I immediately logged on twitter for affirmation (*side note* social media has definitely transformed over time. It is the go to communication method when a crisis hits and it appears to be the quickest way to get word to your loved ones. How do you feel about the evolution of communication methods? Less impersonal or quicker/more efficient to transmit messages?) - and I was right - I was completely freaked out! I would have never expected to experience this on the east coast - and what was more surprising is we only felt the tremors from a 5.8 earthquake that hit the Virginia area - and the tremors were felt in PA, DE, MD, OH, Canada, etc...

I immediately started calling/ texting friends and family and stuck close to my mom for the rest of the day - the whole thing unnerved me and I cancelled all of my plans - I could not fathom going down in Valley Green to work out by myself and another aftershock could possibly hit - better luck tomorrow, huh?!

What were you doing when this happened? How did you react?

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. hey love!! love the blog.
    i was at work, downtown. felt the entire earthquake. was definitely scared. had to evacuate. blessed no one was hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alicia! Glad you like it. ;) Yes, we are definitely blessed because it could have been worse. #Thankful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lovie! U sound like Niyah she is still freaked and attached to me. But yes we were very blessed and it could havr been so much worse! <3

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top