Hurricane Irene

The east coast has experienced a lot of crazy weather this year - lots of blizzards, an earthquake, and now a possible hurricane is headed straight towards us.


Most people are in a panic - my only concern is the cable going out - DirecTV sucks in inclement weather - and if we lose power our deep freezer is FILLED with food along with our fridge. Other than that, I am stocked with candles, flashlights, batteries, food, water, books, and my ipods - the only thing I forgot to get were some adult beverages, but I am sure I can find something in our bar downstairs.

If I was in a relationship, this sure could have made for a romantic evening - candlelight dinner - picnic style in the middle of the living room floor - phones and tvs turned off (even if we still had electricity) - and the focus could be on each other. Cuddling up with my book will have to suffice.

How are you spending this rainy Saturday evening? What are the things you could not sacrifice going without in the midst of a power outage? Mine are books, candles, and water.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top