If You Have To Cry Go Outside - Good Read

Kelly Cutrone gives us an inside look at the world of being an entrepreneur, a publicist, and working in the world of fashion - she also talks about the misconceptions attributed to being a woman WITH power. I loved her candid approach and how she delivered her story - how she overcame different trials in her life, never gave up, and was successful once she found her true niche in life.

Ms. Cutrone learned a lot hands on because there are things parents try to protect their children from and they also create a picture of what paths you should take in life - she went against everything she was told and followed her own heart and what she felt was best for her since it was in fact her life. She encountered bumps along the way, however, If You Have to Cry Go Outside - meaning no one really cares about your tears; your tears do not fix the problem at hand; cry if you must to release your emotions - however, once you have dispelled your tears, pull yourself together and deal with the situation - and if you need help, do not be scared to ask for it.

What are some things your mother never told you?

As for me - growing up, I watched my mom diligently. She was a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, and a driven career woman. She worked long hours and had a demanding position in IT for a fortune 500 company. She handled all of her responsibilities in stride and I never saw my mom sweat - I just knew when I grew up, I too would be a mother, wife, career woman, and own a house - all by the tender age of 25 just like my mom. When things did not go as planned, I was disappointed to say the least. I wish my mother would have told me it wasn't as easy as it looked and it was ok if I did not follow in her footsteps. Nevertheless, as an adult, we have had these conversations and they have reassured me in times of need.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top