What Love Tastes Like - Good Read

Everybody knows I am a sucker for romance - I LOVE love and can read a romance novel in less than 6 hours depending on the length - this rainy day provided the perfect background to read a book so I picked up Zuri Day's What Love Tastes Like. The book reminded me of the Catherine Zeta Jones movie No Reservations due to the cooking aspect of it and it also gave me some ideas of new recipes to try.



I had never heard of Zuri Day until she offered a free book on the kindle last summer Lessons From a Younger Lover - I downloaded it while I was on the beach in Jamaica looking for a quick read while I tanned (the perfect backdrop) and I liked her writing style.    

One question I always ponder was a recurring theme in this book. Is it true the way a girl's father treats them is symbolic of what she begins to expect/ accept from a man?! After all, this is the first man we are introduced to and shows us love or lack thereof. 

I tend to think I have the best daddy ever - growing up I was always daddy's little girl and we never butt heads until I started to become independent and voice my own thoughts/ opinions. My actions no longer reflected what he wanted if I did not agree - however, I know at the end of the day, my father would always be there for me - even if I had a flat tire in the middle of the night - he would get out of his bed and come help me out - yet why is it the men I have dealt with in the past do not exhibit these same qualities??? I KNOW in my heart the man I would want to marry and have children with - the perfect man for me - would treat me as my father does (YET I wasted time and settled on many occasions). I know those are some big shoes to follow, but I am sure there is someone out there who is up to the challenge. 

So ladies, what do you think???? Does the basis for your interaction with men reflect what you have endured with your own father whether it is good or bad? 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top