Beauty Regimen

Lots of people always ask me, what is my routine - how do I get ready so quickly?! My friends know if they call me, I need 30 minutes tops to get ready and I can do it in 20 if needed. And I think it is quite simple, but I decided to share some of my tips for my whole beauty regimen. I was surprised by the amounts of products other women used in preparation to get ready and never realized my process was so minimal.

Let's start with my face - I love my pink mia clarisonic and the deep clean it provides. It is definitely worth the investment and extra time in the morning. I ABHOR any sight of a break out on my face, and I think this is great in prevention as well since it is cleaning my pores.


Like any other girl, I love my baths - there is nothing like a relaxing, soak by candle light. I sometimes make my own soak to add to my water - here are the ingredients: dry milk, honey, and lavender crystals - mix them together, put less than a 1/4 cup in your bath water - your skin will be so smooth when you get out. (this is also great for a gift if you place it in a mason jar) Sometimes I add Bath & Body works jasmine vanilla body wash. I love the smell - my brother gave it to me his first semester of college and I have been hooked ever since. 
Sometimes I think I was a werewolf in a past life - I swear if I shave tonight, I will feel stubble by Tuesday. I have fallen in love with the Venus Embrace - my legs have never been smoother albeit for 1.5 days. 

I only use Dove soap and I switch back and forth between Olay ribbons & Dove body wash. And YES, I wash with both soap and body wash - I know, I know - I have issues. 

Exfoliating is very important - you should do this once a week. I hate Walmart, but this is the only store that carries Aquafina Salt Scrub (thanks Jeannette for this recommendation) - and it is only $2!!! 

Moisturizing is so important to me! I am OBSESSED with it. I spray on coconut oil as soon as I get out of the shower, air dry and then either apply Lay it on Thick or baby oil gel - depending on how I am feeling. Lay it on Thick is pretty pricey - $20 but it lasts a long time and Bath & Body Works usually has a great sale where I stock up - I haven't bought it in 2 years, but I still have 2 new bottles left. 


I prefer the lavender baby gel, but it always seems to be sold out when I go to the store - so I have to get the shea and cocoa butter one. I have to keep this in stock in case the kids come over - they use this as well.


 Last winter, all of a sudden I noticed dry spots on my face, so I contacted both Lisa and Erica to get suggestions on what they use (they know their stuff when it comes to makeup - so I figured I needed a moisturizer makeup could adhere to if I decided not to use a primer). Lisa recommended Cetaphil and I have been in love with it ever since. It is so light weight and scent free - I cannot tell I even have anything on. 

I am really not a makeup girl - most of the time I leave out the house without it. I LOVE vaseline on my lips (I also put it on my feet and put on socks when I get out the shower) - it looks so natural. But there are times I want a lipgloss. I was so annoyed when Maybelline discontinued my fave natural gloss 
I have finally found a Cover Girl replacement - not as great as my strawberry tart, but this raspberry wetslicks will have to do for now. 
If I do wear makeup, the only thing I opt for is eye shadow and mascara. I don't have a favorite brand - I currently use Tenshi shadows and I do like Mary Kay's Ultimate Mascara. Speaking of which, I need some more. 

And that's it - seems pretty simple to me - what are some are your beauty products you cannot live without??? 

I will do a future post on my favorite hair products, so stay tuned. 





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top