Let's Talk Hair

I am obsessed with my hair - between dying it light or dark, cutting or growing it out, and styling - I am always looking for a new, fresh look or idea to try after a few months.  I feel like your hair transforms based on what is going on in your life - based on events and moods. 

Some events call for loose curls...

natural curls... 


straight...

Just got new bangs which I am LOVING! 

pinned back...

or all pinned up...

And I am so excited because I now have enough hair to obtain a classic bun!!! I have been wanting to do that for years. (Now if only I can get that fishtail braid!)



But what products do I use to help achieve these looks?! I am a sucker for hair products - if I hear good things about it, I am always willing to give it a try and I also do not frown upon buying costly hair products if I know it will work well. The two most important thing to me with my personal hair care is a) my hair remaining moisturized without looking oily and b) taming my edges. 

I wash my hair once a week and as of late I have been using Pantene's 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner - the one for dry to moisturized, medium to thick hair


In the winter, I do not even bother conditioning after using this shampoo and I skip straight to blow drying. But in the summer due to humidity and chlorine, I LOVE Morrocanoil's hydrating mask. And I also like to make my own masks to treat my hair before I wash it for extra shine and to help treat any damage. 
I also like Herbal Essences hello hydration conditioner. It is good as a conditioner and I also leave it in after I wash my hair when I wear my natural curls. My hair gets deep conditioned all day while maintaining a style too. 

I have heard great things about Redken's Real Control Intense Renewal Mask and this is on my must try list. 
After I finish shampooing and conditioning, I apply Redken's Satinwear blow dry lotion to protect my hair when I blow dry it
My favorite hair serum is Morrocanoil - I apply this once my hair is dry before I flat iron it.  


I also use Redken Glass when I am out of Morrocanoil (I told you I try lots of products - so there are always discarded products somewhere.) 


If I am wearing my hair back, I apply Luster's Renutrients slick stick on my edges before I straighten it to ensure a sleek finish with no strays. 


I currently use a Chi 1" and a Sedu 1.5" flat iron to straighten my hair, but I REALLY want the FHI Heat Runway flat iron. With it's hefty price, I have added it to my wish list and I covet it from time to time. The great thing about this flat iron is the plates are pure ceramic and my hair does not even frizz when it is raining outside when I use them. PERFECTION! 
Once my hair is done, I spray it with a gloss for a finishing touch - I do not use oil sheen because I hate the way it makes your hair look so greasy. I like Moroccanoil's Gold Glimmer Shine Spray.


I also noticed my stylist using Designer Touch Glistening Gloss with Shea Butter - and I like it as well. Just do not spray too much or your hair will be greasy and if you are anal like me, that means you will be starting all over again and rewashing your hair. 

Mixed Chicks is another great product - I love this when wearing my natural curls as well. It doesn't make my hair crunchy and my hair does not frizz.  
I have heard nothing but GREAT reviews about It's a 10 miracle leave in product. I have yet to try it, but it is on my growing "must try" list. 


A few other items I like are coconut oil (the same one I use as a body oil), coconut oil grease when my scalp appears dry, and the whole matrix sleek look product line. I also sleep on a silk pillowcase every night to help protect my hair from breakage.

So what are your go to hair products??? Anything you recommend I try?






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top