January Reads

I have decided to do something new - I will list the the books I read at the end of the month instead of giving each book its individual post unless there is something that really provokes me to write. This should cut down on the number of book posts since I read so quickly.


My goal this year is to read 100 books and I have already read 6 thus far...believe it or not, I am a tad bit disappointed with this progress. I am an overachiever and I was definitely shooting for at least 8. Nevertheless, here is what I have read...

  • Bachelor Undone by Brenda Jackson - you all know how much I love Brenda Jackson, so of course I enjoyed this book and recommend it. This book was the latest release from her Bachelor in Demand series which coincides with her Steele Family series. I love all of those books. 
  • Beyond Business by Rochelle Alers - there is one thing that sticks out the most to me in this book. Something happened to Renee, so she drove to a lookout point and just screamed to let go of her frustrations, anger, hurt, and resentment. After she screamed, she did not stress about the issue any longer (since she could not change it) - she just did what she had to do to move on with her life. I really like this idea and may try it out since Valley Green is right behind my house - I tend to harbor things and let them fester - maybe this will help me in my whole forgiveness plight as well. 
  • A Younger Man by Rochelle Alers - this book was ok - not a MUST read. 
  • Daddy by Default by Pat Tucker - INSANE book. I could not believe what transpired in this story and I highly recommend it. 
  • Live and Let Love by Andrea Buchanan - I loved this book. I have been reading it over the course of a few months and I finally buckled down and finished it. It was inspiring to read women's stories of love they encountered in their lifetime - whether they lost it or still have it. One woman's story stuck out to me the most - Pat Tillman's widow, Marie Tillman. I admire her strength to keep living with an "open heart" even after her best friend, her husband ultimately lost his life trying to protect his country...especially with all the scandal surrounding his death and the fact he played for the NFL. He gave up his career to fight for his country after 9/11 and he lost the battle. I highly recommend every woman reads this book - it is encouraging. Another woman's story you all may find interesting is Tameka Raymond - she gives her account on what was the demise in her marriage to Usher. 
  • What's His is Mine by Daaimah S. Poole - I definitely enjoyed this book - read it in 4 hours. She is a Philadelphia resident and fellow Temple alum - go out and support her. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top