Simply Thankful

Thanksgiving definitely pulled a sneak attack this year - for some reason, I feel like it was earlier than usual. Nevertheless, I had to scramble to figure out a dessert menu and I did not know where to start. I finally settled on classics  - sweet potato pie (but I used Brown Betty's recipe for a filling), apple pie (I experimented with a lattice crust), and a plain cheesecake - I also made caramel white chocolate stuffed brownies (these should be banned from my home - they are that darn good), Magnolia's Bakery vanilla cupcakes (I made them funfetti) with Brown Betty's vanilla buttercream icing, along with Brown Betty's sour cream pound cake w/ their sour cream filling (minus the coconut) with their white chocolate butter cream icing.

And of course I also made fried chicken, potato salad and Brown Betty's sweet potato pudding along with greens for our Wednesday night dinner. After over 12 hours in the kitchen, I could relax around 4:30 on Wednesday afternoon - and of course I had to have a glass of wine - I told my mom I was starting a new tradition when she questioned the fact I was drinking after cooking all day. I had to unwind to tackle my hair and nails. SMH! Just thinking about it makes me tired all over again.





My sick taste tester - at least he ate something, right?!

Essie's Penny Talk and A Cut Above
Pricey on Thanksgiving 
Me and Pricey on Thanksgiving

Mochs on Thanksgiving 

I woke up Friday morning for work and I felt like I may be coming down with something - while I worked, I definitely knew something was up between my chills & hot flashes...and every day this weekend I woke up feeling progressively worse - not to mention night time meds resulted in me simply taking a nap instead of me sleeping for hours - today I have not moved too far from my bed and I still do not feel like I am on the mend - daycare germs are the devil. I can deal with the chills, coughing, and constantly sneezing, but this sore throat HAS TO GO!!! I must say I really appreciate my mom making dinner tonight even though she is still on the mend from her surgery - she allowed me to just sleep - I had no idea what she was up to until I woke up.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed my Thanksgiving with family although many were missing - we have to all get together soon, but first thing is first - I need to feel at least 85% and I need to start decorating for Christmas and get my shopping done. Is anyone else's to-do list never ending????





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top