All You Could Ask For

I have not loved a book in awhile. Mike Greenberg's All You Could Ask For captivated me from beginning to end. What surprised me most was the author since he is the co-anchor of ESPN's Mike & Mike show.

The question that drove the book is what makes life worth living, I loved the final answer and it just seems like it fits: what makes life worth living is not anything that might happen. It is what is happening right now. It is this moment, which I own every bit as much as anyone else. It doesn't matter how many moments I have left; all that matters is right now. I am as alive as I have ever been and as alive as anyone else, and this moment belongs to me as much as it does to anyone. And that's what it is about.

Upon finishing the book, I ran across this gem on twitter. If you are a Young and Restless fan, you know the beloved Mrs. Chancellor (Jeanne Cooper) died earlier last month after a battle with health issues. I will leave you with these words. Cheers to living and enjoying the here and now.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top