I will not forget the moment. Precisely 27 days ago I was at work and I received a text from Amber. I knew my eyes were deceiving me, so I read it a few more times. Responded. And then headed to google and facebook for confirmation.
Alas, it was true. My favorite author, Francis Ray, had died. I cannot begin to describe how I felt, but Mrs. Ray's literary works are something I will always cherish. My ultimate faves were the Grayson family & Invincible Women series. Ironically, the night before I had purchased all her latest releases for my kindle - I immediately put all other reading aside, and read these books in 2 days.
She had such a great spirit and a genuine kindness - she interacted with her fans often and sent us chotchkies - I am definitely going to frame mine for display. Her absence will leave a major hole in the romantic literary world. Francis Ray will be sorely missed.
CONVERSATION
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Between The Covers
Popular Posts
-
Let's set the scene - I was lounging on the chair/ottoman in the family room, watching Young & the Restless, and responding to an em...
-
The end of July marks the beginning of little league football season, which is the bane of my existence. What this means for me - lots of ex...
-
*whispering* I probably should hop to it since I have been writing this blog since Sunday. Last Saturday I celebrated Easter with the kidd...

0 comments:
Post a Comment