An Unexpected Good Bye

I will not forget the moment. Precisely 27 days ago I was at work and I received a text from Amber. I knew my eyes were deceiving me, so I read it a few more times. Responded. And then headed to google and facebook for confirmation.

Alas, it was true. My favorite author, Francis Ray, had died. I cannot begin to describe how I felt, but Mrs. Ray's literary works are something I will always cherish. My ultimate faves were the Grayson family & Invincible Women series. Ironically, the night before I had purchased all her latest releases for my kindle - I immediately put all other reading aside, and read these books in 2 days.

She had such a great spirit and a genuine kindness - she interacted with her fans often and sent us chotchkies - I am definitely going to frame mine for display. Her absence will leave a major hole in the romantic literary world. Francis Ray will be sorely missed.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top