You Have Got to be Kidding Me, Right?!

I look at my calendar and it is the first of August already. This summer has practically flown by - I haven't taken any trips, but nonetheless I have remained busy. Between family time, work, job searching, reading, tv, movies, and somewhat of a social life - I have not had the luxury of one entire weekend of relaxing. I suppose that is ok - BUT I cannot believe I have yet to get in a pool or go to a beach. Now THAT is unacceptable.

Oh! And have I mentioned how AMAZING Cirque du Soleil's Totem show was when we went?! More of their shows are on my to do list. Maybe in Vegas.

I have also experienced some new food. Salmon tacos (not bad), crab cakes (I will still pass), and then there were fried oreos. I cannot believe this happened - but it did- and it was absolutely delicious with a side or caramel and ice cream. Maybe, just maybe I should work out today. 


These oreos were shared over some heavy girl talk - I ran across a gem while reading Claire Cook's Wallflower in Bloom and I had to share. It just fit into the convo and I have been meaning to post it on the blog since last week. So here it  is: 

Find your passion. See it clearly in your mind's eye. Design the life your passion desires. And remember, passion doesn't sleep. It is always there, waiting for you. The voice of passion is not a book. It's not feature film. It's short and direct, like a haiku straight to your heart. But if you start from a place of self-criticism, of self-rejection, you'll never hear what it is saying to you. Accept yourself. Start where you are. And the voice of passion will speak to you. It will come like a bolt of lightning. And you'll know your life's true purpose. 

So friends what is your passion? Are you living your purposeful life?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top