Designer Overload

Color swatches, furniture shopping, and design have taken oveR my life. Why you may ask...well it started with my bedroom furniture - I am literally bursting out of my dresser space. And when you get new furniture you might as well paint, get carpet, and update the rest of the house too, right?!

I think I have finally narrowed down the layout and colors of my room - I just need to play with paint and see if I reallyyyyyyyyyy like the colors before the painters are scheduled to begin work. I also need to pick a bedroom set. AND stick with it. Along with a comfy chaise for my new reading corner. See where this is going?!

All of these additions have resulted in me implementing a budget - I have NOT been to Starbucks in almost 2 weeks. But do not fret - I discovered how to make frappuccinos at home. AND I even make them low cal, so that's a win win for my waist line too.


My parents have postponed their vacation(s) all summer for this moment - the opening of the new police headquarters in Northeast. This building will be the new home for SWAT, K-9, and bomb squad. 


Have you guys seen The Butler yet?! What an amazing movie! Read any great books this summer you want to recommend? I have been plowing through my reading list - adding and subtracting as I go along. And what about summer tv?! I am loving Mistresses, Devious Maids, Ray Donovan, and The Game - Newsroom isn't as great as it's initial season, but I still love it. Fall season premieres are on the horizon - my watch list will be posted soon. 

Did I happen to mention the kid started a new school talks in complete sentences; acknowledges his emotions and sensations; knows and can recognize some of his ABCs, 123s, and shapes; more outgoing and receptive to people; and he knows songs?!?! I am one happy auntie (outside of the biting incidents - but we won't get into that). This school was always my first choice and he is doing exceptionally well for a 2 year old now in a class room with mostly 3 year olds.

Headed back into my project - will check in again soon. And if you have any ideas for colors for me please send them over...I need an accent wall. I want to stray away from pink, but oh how I love it so - I really think I want raspberry. Thoughts?! HELP! lol! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top