Dear Starbucks,

I have a secret to admit. We almost broke up. It was not because I stopped loving your treats and how you get me through hectic days.

I was disgusted by one of your employees. I could not believe they refused to allow a Philadelphia police officer to use your restrooms at a downtown facility because they were not a paying customer. They may not have wanted to buy anything from you that day, but I think the price they were paying is even greater - they were patrolling your neighborhood to ensure you and your customers were safe.

If I had to make a decision between caffeine and respecting our officers, caffeine will always lose. I would have to resort to putting our Keurig to use and making my own every morning...and I did for a few weeks, while my public relations eye watched how this unfolded.

I must commend your pr team - they are very keen and do well with crisis management. They immediately offered a public apology and reached out to the officer who was disrespected personally. I love how they disabled ALL social media public posts to minimize on the backlash received. I do not know what happened to the employee, but let's just say due to your efforts I decided not to part ways with you...and I even downloaded your app per Rae's suggestion. AND THEN YOU DID THE GREATEST THING EVER...you enabled mobile order & pay for immediate pick up...

If I wasn't fully converted then, I open up my app while in the drive thru this week and see this -


So thank you Starbucks for taking responsibility for your employee's actions; making my mornings a million times easier with your app; and for the free birthday latte. I officially <3 you again. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top