Let the Games Begin...

What if I told you I was still celebrating my birthday?! This weekend Bogs took me to brunch at one of my fave places and we caught up (I hadn't seen her since we celebrated her bday in January). You can never go wrong with strawberry bellinis and girl talk.

                                      
And let's not forget the endless food we ordered - please don't tell me my friends and I are the only ones who order a ton of food to share so we can taste everything?! (Not pictured are the beignets. I actually sent them back. I will wait until I get to New Orleans to experience the authentic version.) I also needed fuel for energy because I had a wild goose chase for my mother and I. 

Let's start from the beginning. We went to see Love the Coopers. Bogs is one of my few friends who can indulge in the Hallmark/Lifetime Christmas movies endlessly (just like me). As we were watching this movie, I fell in love with their table decor for their Christmas Eve dinner. I looked at her with huge eyes excitedly and she says, "you are going to do that, huh?!" - how did she know??? The ideas for our dining room table were taking shape as we laughed and held back tears through the rest of the movie. 

I couldn't wait to get home and show my mom pictures. The magic of google; a simple search told me all I needed to know. She knew I would drive her crazy, so on Sunday the hunt ensued as we began our Thanksgiving dinner shopping. After 4 stores, I successfully purchased some battery operated wire LED lights. Now I am anxiously waiting for Black Friday for my vision to come to life. 

In the mean time, back to Thanksgiving. And recipes. More specifically dessert recipes. 

I get so excited in October because it means Rae is going to make her homemade salted caramel, which always guarantees Price & I a jar. 

This may or may not have been full 2 weeks ago
I think this caramel will also be a perfect addition to this recipe I saw a few weeks ago on another blog - apple crisp pizza.  More than likely if I make this for Thanksgiving, I will use my own crisp recipe; then drizzle with Rae's caramel; and finally top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sounds like perfection to me.

Are you hosting Thanksgiving? What dishes are you most looking forward to devouring? Are you trying any new dishes this year? 

I guess my mom and I should finalize our menu for dinner and dessert. Oh and drinks. I need to find some good punch recipes. If you run across any, please send them my way. 

But right now, excuse me while I go crawl under my blanket and watch this video for the millionth time. I will not see the kid for SEVEN days. SEVEN. ENTIRE. DAYS. What am I going to do???
                                                 


CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Just saw Love The Coopers last night, LOVED it! I'm a sucker for a good feel-good family movie :)

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top