Whirlwind

I swear I blinked and I woke up to Monday morning. Where did my weekend go?! Let's revisit...

On Friday night, knowing I had not baked one cookie, wrapped one gift, or completed an official inventory of Santa's toys including what batteries we needed (thank God Collin did this), I had a date with Bogs. It seems we both had rough weeks and we needed some girl time to unwind before tackling our never-ending to do lists. 

So what did we do?! Drove to Shake Shack for dinner and then came back down to the Movie Tavern in Flourtown to see Sisters at 10:55 knowing we both had early mornings with a LONG Saturday ahead of us. And I must say it was time well spent. We laughed our asses off as we sipped on blueberry pie cocktails. Yum! 

As soon as Price's feet hit the ground Saturday morning, I was off to the races. First up - breakfast with Santa. 
It seems like the head tilt runs in the family. Also, why must he devil my mom to get a picture with her by messing in her hair?! He loves harassing his mema! 
Right after breakfast, Price hung tough as we tackled some Christmas errands. You know...supermarket, dollar store, and coffee runs. We dropped him off and did some shopping while he had some down time before we headed to Kody's Clubhouse.

Yup - that's right. Kody is already 1! 


Lots of family fun
Kiara is so crafty. I love this frame she made for pictures. Not sure Price appreciated his photo bomb. Lol! 
As soon as I left the party, I headed into the danger zone with my father...King of Prussia mall the Saturday before Christmas. Outside of parking, it was not as crowded as I anticipated and we were home by 10pm which gave me enough time to become reacquainted with Magic Mike XXL before I passed out. 

What is better than Sunday brunch with Christmas decor all around you?! Such a great idea and a delicious treat which fueled me for my day ahead.


That's right...I could no longer put off baking cookies. After 8 hours in the kitchen, we now have 2 batches each of chocolate chip, white chocolate chip, and oatmeal raisin cookies. And yes Price, I made cookies for you to share with your class. And sorry mom (not really sorry), but I left all the sugar cookies for you to do. Am I the only one who hates making those things?!



You would think I would go to bed after that, but nope...I then spent almost 4 hours wrapping all the gifts we had currently in our home. I still have to add ribbon, name tags, and adornishments - but I am finally making headway. 

Do you give the little ones Christmas Eve boxes??? I love this idea and it keeps Price occupied as he awaits Santa's arrival. Let me not forget to mention how the kid woke up every morning thinking Santa was supposed to come the night before and he would cry thinking he was naughty?! 


Now I just have to wait for the deliveries of the remaining gifts so they can be wrapped; get my blood work and hair done tomorrow; bake cakes with my grandmom on Wednesday; clean the house; bake apple pie and cinnamon rolls; plan Christmas breakfast & dinner; all while working. Are you surprised I ordered my mom and I pajamas to wear all Christmas??? I think this will be the first day we can relax once Price goes to his mom's for a few hours.

What do you have to do this week to get ready for Santa???

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top