Twas the Night Before...

the annual cousins' Christmas sleepover and all through the house
this nugget was running restless, we had no fear of the next am's rouse

 

The kids were dropped off, all up in arms
I lead them to the car, we were off to Shady Brook Farms
With Christmas carols blasting, amongst all the lights
They sang their hearts out, while oohing and aahing at the pretty sights

 

All of a sudden they were starving, and couldn't wait to eat
They didn't have to fret, I had lots of treats

What's on the menu you may ask?!
Sssshhhhh don't tell their parents...I promise it wasn't in a flask.
Pizza for dinner, but first one small request
Put on those pjs, being comfy is best

I guess I couldn't hold off any longer, once they ate

  

Exchange gifts with your cousins, they could barely wait


 

My favorite part of the night, a true work of art
Thank God for Gabi, mine always falls apart

 

Caramel, jimmies, cherries, and other toppings galore
But let's start with vanilla ice cream, the other options are yours

 

As I took a shower, my phone was hacked
With evidence left behind, the culprits were tracked

 

Popcorn was popped, boxes of movie candy all around
Refills of sparkling blueberry grape juice because soon I wouldn't want to hear a sound
Want to guess what we watched as we settled in our zone 
I know, I know - I bet you said Home Alone 

Keep the change you filthy animal
They fell asleep not even halfway through
Oh my sweet bed, how I missed you 

The next morning they woke up, ready to go
But first for fuel, snowman pancakes surrounded by snow


Dear Santa, we were good...most of the time


 After all, being cute while baking cookies isn't a crime


While the cookies baked, they moved on to crafts
Making popsicle stick ornaments, turned out to be a blast


Now hurry and shower, then get dressed
The weather is so nice, my plans have been reassessed
We must get outside to explore Zoo Noel this December
We don't even need coats - def a holiday season to remember


 
 


 

What do we see as we watch the big cats?! 


Ummm kids close your eyes, Makani is up to bat

 

The highlight of the day, someone they all must see
This Santa was one of my faves, my mom and I agree
He engaged and talked to every child 
It is such a pleasure to watch their imagination run wild

Singletary/Smith Christmas 2015
After so many delights and time well spent
Back to their parents - Price, Mochs, and Gabi went



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top