Hop to It

It is so hard to attempt to coordinate these kids' schedules over Spring Break. The only one available every day this weekend was Mochs, yet I was told I could not forgo an egg hunt - they all made it a point to inquire about it this week. I thought long and hard, because I was going to just cancel. But on Friday, I got out of bed when my alarm went off to go to Target (which was NOT open at 7:40), so I ended up in Walmart before work. All this so they could do something as soon as I got off...at 5pm...because of course, my job did not close early on Good Friday. 

Within 15 minutes of walking in the door with Gabi, the kids were off to hunt for eggs...aka candy. 


Next up was making some bunny bait. 

 

This concoction was delicious - I added m&ms after the white chocolate hardened and broke it a part.  

While Collin went to pick up the pizza, we dyed eggs. Plastic eggs. The idea seemed genius since the kids usually throw away the eggs after a week or two. However, the color did not adhere as well, so they were not as vibrant. AND I didn't even want to think about pulling out paint to let them hand paint them. We will go back to wasting eggs next year! 


I had no idea kids still made friendship bracelets and keychains with gimp. Imagine my surprise when Khloey pulled these things out of her purse. 
There is something about disconnecting from technology and playing board games. Guess Who was up first, followed by Chutes & Ladders.


 
This is the look she gave me as I was snapping pictures and it was my turn. O_o
After 5 hours of non stop fun (which included Gabi losing a tooth - I swear kids always lose teeth around me), the girls were returned home with bags full of candy, bunny bait, colored eggs along with lots of memories. As for Price, he was tucked in the bed by the time my mom and I returned home from dropping off Mochs & Gabi. Finally, I could collapse in my bed after 17 hours. AND since I did everything Friday night, this meant a "kid free" weekend for me with no definite plans!

On Saturday, Pricey went to Smith Playground for their annual Easter Egg Hunt with his dad. But first, I had to get some pictures of his new hair cut!

 

 


And while they were out, I decided to join my mother for her workout which turned out to be a 6.5 walk in Valley Green. I thought I was going to die by the time we arrived back home. I think it had to do with me falling last weekend and hurting both shins (I could not bare weight Sunday & Monday), yet I refused to NOT do her entire walk. 

 

Even the UPS guy is feeling the holiday...look at the message he left on my package. It sure made me smile! 


Isn't it a requirement to go to the movies Easter weekend?! Miracles from Heaven was awesome...

...and so were these drinks!
At last, the Easter bunny had some work to do. Pricey is just expecting candy. Boy will he be surprised! We also made a basket for my grandmom - she loves chocolate! And the plate is for the house. Nom nom nom (like I am not on a diet and limiting my sugar intake).


As I lay here gearing up for the day, I am excited for the delicious prime rib dinner my mom is going to make. I suppose I should hop to it and help her prepare this feast, but first coffee! 

Happy Easter everybody! What are some of your favorite Easter traditions with your loved ones? 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top