Humpty Dumpty...

had a great fall. When I say Humpty Dumpty, I am referring to myself. And by fall I mean food coma.

Let's rewind a bit - introducing our new blog series: Sip & Savor. This series will highlight all of the non-chain restaurants, bakeries, ice-cream parlors, and coffee shops I explore. After all, I can always convince somebody to go sampling with me.

Our first stop is close to home in Glenside on Keswick Ave. Humpty's Dumplings has a special on Wednesday, $1 dumplings. Intrigued by the cheesesteak, buffalo chicken, and honey chipotle dumplings, we decided to try these one night for dinner.


As we were parking the car, I noticed both a bakery and an ice-cream shop down the street. The only logical thing would be to check these places out while our dumplings cooked, right?! 

 

Since Lily of the Valley Cupcakery and Cafe enticed me to buy both cupcakes AND cookies, my intention was to just take a peek inside The Weldon Soda Fountain and return at a later time to sample their offerings.

 

Then I noticed they had both old fashioned candy & soda bottles, along with marshmallow sauce...

 

there was NO way I could leave out without a treat. 


Let's just say I had an amazing stroll down Keswick Ave. The dumplings were delicious (think soft & doughy and not crisp shell like an egg roll), the cupcakes & salted caramel cookies divine; and the blueberry cookie crumble ice-cream was very delightful as we drove home. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top