Ocean Waves & Jellyfish

Ahhhhhh...for the past 3 years we have taken family vacations. We should probably start dubbing these trips Pricey's World, because they cater to him and what he will enjoy the most. He excitedly awaits for our departure every year.

Since he does not have a passport yet,  Myrtle Beach was our destination this summer. My family hit the road early Monday morning and I stayed behind to work a few days.

While I was home, they enjoyed fun at the pool, beach, and dinner AT MEDIEVAL TIMES! Yes, the place I have been researching for months and watching for deals in order to take Price there for a show. I remember going as a child and how much of a great time I had - the food was good and I could eat with my fingers (the best part). AND my knight gave me a flower. Do you know how excited this made me as a little girl?!


Just as I expected, Price loved the show and told me all about the battles. He even snagged a cool light-up sword as a souvenir. 

As I headed to the airport, I decided to check the weather - thunderstorms in Myrtle Beach. Although my flight was only about 70 minutes, the pilot warned us it would be a rough & hard ride. And then we landed - oy vey. Worse I have ever experienced, yet I arrived. AND survived my first ever solo flight. 

It was cold & still raining when I got there, so after I ate (Cook Out) I immediately took a nap before Price and I hit up the beach. We were warned to not wade too much in the water because the jellyfish were stinging like crazy. And you know what amazed me most, I had no idea where to go, but after 2 days - Price could lead me from our room to the pool and then down to the beach and finally back up to our room. Hell of a memory for a 5 year old. 



Just admiring my mani as he played in the sand 
Perfect way to unwind - I loved sitting on the balcony and just listening to the waves, especially at night 
Johnny D's Waffles and Bakery had an amazing selection for breakfast. Options of a red velvet, funfetti, blueberry, or cinnaroll waffle?! YES PLEASE!

Just waiting to be seated for breakfast
I had never heard of a strawberry lemonade mimosa, so I HAD to try TWO, even considered a third.

I loved this so much I bought a tank top with this saying 
Of course we had to find some amusements...and funnel cake. Broadway at the Beach provided both - yum! 

 
Gorgeous hues
I secretly love aquariums especially when we get to see a mermaid show! 

 

 

 
 

 

Price took these 2 pictures as we were driving to dinner one day...

 

Now you know I am always up for research on coffee shops, so we hit up Le Cupcake Cafe. Very nice decor...

 


Great coffee enjoyed by the kid and I...

 

Yummy macarons...


But NO cupcakes ready for purchase while we were there.

As we visited the boardwalk one day, we noticed an arcade. We took Price in to play and I noticed nobody was on the air hockey table. I LOVE this game. I asked Collin to play...and he told me how I was going to lose...blah blah blah...check out that final score.

 

My arm was a tad bit sore from busting his ass, Price and I decided to cool down with some blueberry cheesecake ice-cream from It's Sugar. Yum! 


I have always heard of Books-A-Million, so I was excited to browse this book store while everybody else waited for our table at dinner. Of course, I took Price with me and bought him some Step Into Reading Level 1 books. 

I finally own my first pair of Chucks after trying to decide if I NEEDED a pair for 3 years - this was a hard decision 
And on our final night, we decided to head to the beach one more time...and fly kites. After all, there are NO bed times on vacation.


With reckless abandon, Price jumped into the pool every day and loved every minute of it. He has come a far way since his first swim class. Each night we fought over who would sleep on MY side of the bed, apparently on vacation he gets to have my side especially since I wasn't there the entire time. After all, I was now a guest in HIS ROOM. My mom called us an old married couple.

New memories created and our skin perfectly sun-kissed, it was time to return home. The kid had a great time. He already wants to know...where are we going next?! 


CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Strawberry lemonade mimosa?! This I MUST try! And it looks like you all had such an awesome trip! So nice:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmm that mimosa was delicious. I could go for one right NOW! We had a great time. Now where to next year?! lol!

      Delete

Back
to top