Do I Look to be in a Gaming Mood?!

The weather sure has been a trick this October. Every time I had birthday plans, it rained. YET on the weekends when I had plans for other people, it was unseasonably warm. Go figure!

With everything going on this month, I never took the time to plan out Halloween with Price, Gabi, Mochs, and Kody. So this year, it was simply a Singletary family affair - but Poppy & Collin even got in on some of the action which was an added treat for the kid.

What did we do you ask?! Well let's start with Friday...this excited face greeted me as soon as I walked in from work. He could not wait to transform into Thor and head to the Halloween party at Ambler YMCA. 
Of course he wore a Cowboys shirt on dress down day because of the big game Sunday night
I wanted to get some pictures before we left, but somebody was NOT in the mood.
We loved trunk or treat. These parents take decorating and costumes seriously. 
Maybe I should start making Santa's list...Christmas will be here before I know it 
I was so enthralled and began to feel a tad bit lazy...all I did was browse online, click a button, and have a costume delivered to the house. Maybe just maybe, next year I will do better...ORRRRR we can commission Rae to come up with something really cool and she can just tell me what I need to buy.

Inside they had moon bounces and games set up along with lots of food. However, we were strictly here for the fun since we were saving our appetites for later...
Over pizza & s'mores dip, we watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, carved & painted pumpkins, and roasted pumpkin seeds. 
I think Poppy did a great job on Pricey's scary face
Price's Creations - he was more interested in mixing all the colors than actually designing them - at least I see a P on one. 
Saturday was jam packed with activities, but first I had to trick Price and get some shots in his costume. And how did I do this may you ask?! Well, we went across the street to talk to my neighbor and of course he wanted to run up and down her hill. As he ran & I talked, I was constantly taking pictures. I managed to get some candids finally! 
Uh oh - he may have realized what I was doing by this point. 
He was not excited about my headband and red lipstick (he hates when I wear lipstick). Apparently, dressing up is just for kids according to Price.
Gorillas are Price's favorite animals - we spent a lot of time with bears.
 
My mom decided to bend down and get nose to nose with this gorilla...she even talked to it...as I slowly pulled Price back. I don't think she watches the news. What would have happened had this gorilla banged on the glass???? 
 
When did the zoo get a beer garden?! They even had adult music playing - this could def make future visits more bearable. 
After about 90 minutes, it was time for us to go...
we had to go tally up our stash from trick or treating. 
And before Thor went back to his mom's house, he had to go deliver candy from his fundraiser to Pop Pop and show off his costume. 
With goodie bags for the Gold Power Ranger's (YES - he has another costume for today) class and bags made up for trick or treaters, I am ready to see all the kiddies in their costumes excited for treats.  
What Halloween traditions do you have with your family? 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top