Insatiable Sweet Tooth

Finally New York, we meet again! I typically kick off Libra season with NYC, but this year I was forced to save you for last due to other obligations. AND we were really praying for some good weather. Thanks for letting up on the rain as we entered the city.
I have been dying to eat at The Sugar Factory
Upon walking in, I was immediately captivated by the decor...
As we were led downstairs and to our table, Drea and I both looked at each other excitedly...I think we noticed the same thing, at the same time. We can call this an "aha moment". We were presented with a staff of ALL MEN...friendly, nice looking men. I told her this was all God...he was like I know it took a lot of energy to get up and GO to NYC and you were hesitant about driving due to weather and parking...and I know it was frustrating that it took over an hour to get out of Chestnut Hill due to the Harry Potter festival...but you are now in your favorite city...here's a parking spot out front...and lots of eye candy for you to indulge in as you dine...you're welcome. And all I could say was THANK YOU LORD. 
I was cautious on ordering a 60oz drink because after all...I was driving...BUT we also had some walking to do in the city and the cold would sober me right up...and like O (our waiter) & Drea  said...IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY GIRL. Get your drink!
I went with the White Gummi
And of course, I dug out some of the gummy worms to eat them too!
Drea told me I was NOT allowed to order a burger and fries, which made me laugh incessantly. Sooooooo we went for brunch options again - (was this libra season filled with brunch?! Does this mean I need to do dinner out somewhere soon?!) She ordered chicken & waffles, I ordered classic french toast with a side of white chocolate (did I mention ALL of their waffles, pancakes, crepes, and french toast come with an option of milk, white, or dark chocolate?!) and we shared everything.
This meal was delicious and I cannot wait to go back to try their burger and fries. LOL! 

Next up, sparklers and key lime pie. Could you tell I was excited about them singing happy birthday to me?! YOU GO GIRL! 
Gearing up to brave the cold...but FIRST, I had to grab my jacket and hat from the car because it was starting to rain again...
And yes, I took pictures on someone's brownstone as we walked...can you tell the wind was blowing HARD?! I could not strike a proper pose fearful of my dress blowing up! 
And where were we headed to...Magnolia Bakery of course. Drea wanted to try their banana pudding and I had to get some cupcakes.
I will be trying this key lime pie bar next time I visit
As we trekked along in the Meatpacking District, we noticed something...this area of NYC was quiet. I am not sure if it was because of the forecast, or if this area along the Hudson River is an escape from the hustle & bustle of the Times Square area. But there was a sign posted...if you honked your horn, you were at risk of receiving a $350 ticket. WHAT?!

I am sure you all know the last place we had to hit up before we left the city...Milk Bar!
I had free birthday cake truffles to pick up along with a birthday cake shake to go please. 
The first sip is always a party in my mouth. It makes no sense how good this shake tastes. 
Oh New York, although that may have been the quickest trip in and out for me ever, you always treat me so well. I am one happy girl! 

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top