A Snow Storm on the Horizon

Not too many people can get me to miss The Bachelor and drive straight to New York City on a Monday night after work, but anything for this girl. Who am I kidding?! If either of us mentions NYC, we both agree. Quickly. Starbucks always fueling the way. AND since we were heading up there, you know there was going to be some sort of precipitation. This time snow was in the forecast. 

As soon as we got there, we both showered and changed in under 45 minutes to go find some dinner. BUT first just about 15 pictures until we both agreed on one as we waited on the elevator.
Do you think I pulled off the Kinky Boots legs?! 

 


We love trying new restaurants whenever we go up there, so this time we stumbled upon Guy's American Kitchen Bar. I couldn't wait to finally try some of Fieri's dishes. 



We went with the Huli Huli Roasted Chicken (hawaiian bbq chicken) and their Motley Que Ribs. Yum! 
Drea's Birthday Dinner - of course we took more pictures as we waited for our food
And why was it important we get to NYC on a Monday night?! Well because Drea had to see Michael again for her birthday, so of course I requested tickets. We are too old to get up at 3am in order to take trains and be in line by 7:15am. Our hotel was conveniently located between Times Square and the Live studios - we were able to walk to both locations and I didn't have to roll out the bed until 6:30. Win, win!

 

I had to bundle up more than usual as we waited in line because I just had to wear a dress. I wasn't even that cold surprisingly. I was too busy praying the entire time we were in line because if Drea did not sit front row, I knew a tantrum would brew. Luckily, we snagged the last 2 seats on the front row...directly where the talent comes out to enter the set. Now if only Michael wore a blue suit per Drea's wishes. She is definitely NOT a hard girl to please. 


We were not close enough to talk to Michael & Kelly this time, but we did say hello to Ryan Reynolds (he has soft hands & smells delicious), Fred Savage, and Ben Stiller. 

Look who got a selfie with Ben Stiller. Now if only her phone would have taken the picture. Thank goodness someone watched the show and recorded this memory for her. 


After watching one live show, an extra guest & promos being taped, and getting Strahan's autograph on his book, Wake Up Happy, we scrambled back to the hotel to pack and grab the car from valet. After all, we had a birthday cake shake toast to make and a storm to beat. 


All this birthday behavior led us to today. Happy Birthday to one of my dearest friends. I cannot wait to see what this new year has in store for you. After all, last year you claimed your title as The PR Maverick. I am loving my seat on the sidelines as you grow and ignite your true passions. XOXO 





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top