Diving Between February's Covers

This year is definitely off to a slow start on the reading front...meanwhile my tv consumption has escalated between binging series and catching up on some of the Oscar nominated movies. 

I am making it a point to start reading during my lunch break and attempting to read for an hour once I get home from work in order to destress from my days. I did manage to dive between a few covers in February starting with - 

It Happened One Wedding by Julie James
There is something about Julie's writing style when it comes to romance. I devour her books quickly and find myself quite content with my consumption. It Happened One Wedding did not disappoint. 

Forged in Desire by Brenda Jackson
If you read any of Mrs. Jackson's books from The Grangers series, then you had to be anxiously waiting to meet The Protectors. We received Striker's story first in Forged in Desire. Being privy to his background explains his elusivesness. 

I loved how this quick paced story unfolded and cannot wait to meet Quasar in April. 

Man on the Run by Carl Weber
Now we all know Carl Weber rarely disappoints. And while I wait for another release in The Family Business series, it is nice to revisit the Duncan family and characters from Married Men. And of course it ended with a cliffhanger, so I am expecting a sequel. 
 
Let's not forget to mention the Big Little Lies  series on HBO - we read this for book club a few years back and fell in love with it. HBO is taking me on the roller coaster ride all over again and I find myself incited by how some kids adults act on the playground.

Have you read anything good lately?! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top