This is SIX

I am still in disbelief. I cannot believe this peanut is SIX YEARS OLD. I feel like he was just learning how to walk and now he is learning how to remain respectful during adversity, while still asserting his voice. These years are flying by too fast if you ask me.

Nevertheless, I was determined to ensure he enjoyed his special day starting with a huge gold six 2 days prior.


He did not want an extensive photo shoot this year, BUT he allowed me to snap a few pictures with it.

First up for his birthday behavior was a Justice League themed dinner the night before. Can you guess what we ate?!




After we were full from pizza, it was time to pull out the apple crisp. That's right. This birthday boy only likes icing and not cake, so I baked him an apple crisp. He told me it was weird to put candles in it, and he only wanted candles in his cake. BUT I insisted since he wanted us to sing happy birthday.

The next day he awakened to a bedroom & living room full of balloons and presents. He was so excited to get more legos! 

After building a few new creations, we got dressed and headed to South Bowl for some family fun.





We happen to LOVE funnel cake fries! 

 
And of course, we returned home to a home made cake courtesy of Mema because you know...we had to sing Happy Birthday again! 

 
Now do you think the birthday behavior stopped there?! Of course not! It trickled into the next weekend and this auntie had a few surprises up her sleeve. 

Price had been asking to see Ms. Angie and Ms. Melissa - his old teachers from pre-K. I made it a point to leave work early and take him up there so he could tell them all about kindergarten. 

He also had been mentioning his friend Jeffrey from his pre-K class and McKenzie and Chloe who used to live next door...but their mommy moved them away. Little did Price know, I invited Jeffrey, McKenzie, AND Chloe to go see the Lego Batman movie with us. Can you say SURPRISED?! The look of excitement on his face is something I will cherish always. 


 


After the movie was over, we headed to Dave & Buster's to run around and play some games.

 

 

I think this birthday boy was pretty stoked with how his birthday shaped up! Now what can I cook up for next year?!  

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top