Diving Between February's Covers

With all of these rainy days & a touch of spring fever, I may have stumbled upon my reading groove again. Here are this month's reads -  

Family Business 4 by Carl Weber
I need to stop reading these books as they are released and just get them when he is done writing the series. I always finish the book and have a million more questions...along with things  I need him to expand on with certain characters. I wonder if he is open to suggestions and direction?! Because uhhh Carl, this Paris thing is driving me insane! I need to know if Niles is really dead. 

Breakfast in Bed by Rochelle Alers
Who doesn't love breakfast in bed?! Who am I kidding?! Most things in bed is just better.
Rochelle Alers Innkeepers Series is another one of my reading addictions. But can I make a confession here...her characters would be my parents' peers, so when I read these books and they have sex...I kind of get this feeling. A feeling of...YALL ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THESE TYPE OF THINGS because that means my parents could possibly do these things and I do NOT want to go down that road. Pray for me yall! 

But this book was pretty good especially this part...she had unconsciously closed herself off from being romantically involved with a man...she held back, unable to give all of her self because she feared she would lose what she'd fought so hard to acquire: independence. 

And then this part: When I fall in love, I don't go halfway but all in, because I don't know how to separate what's good to me from what's good for me. 

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
I devoured this book in 4 hours. I experienced all the feels and I highly recommend it. I can't even discuss it without going in too deep - so somebody else please read it so we can discuss it?!

This one line though...God gives us the ugliness so we don't take the beautiful things in life for granted. 

Between Me and You by Allison Winn Scotch
I anxiously awaited for this book to be released since I loved her last book so much. When I finished, I was left feeling indifferent and wanted to call BULLSHIT. There is no way this would pan out in real life. Or maybe it would and I am just petty??? There always has to be consequences or we go in the same circle, no?! Who knows?!

But one thing is for certain, alcohol addiction is real and has the power to tear families apart. The worse part for those involved is when the addicts do not accept they are hurting everybody around them as well with their actions. Some people compare addiciton to cancer. When somebody is sick, they cannot help themselves. I still battle with the whole cancer isn't a choice, but picking up a drink is a decision made. Yet you cannot help anyone, who does not want to help themselves. 

Anyhow, I cannot wait to plow through the rest of the books on my night stand for March - have you read anything good lately?! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top