A Case of the Blues

Although lemon is currently our jam, we are also obsessed with blueberry. Blueberry muffins, donuts, ice cream, AND pie. Who can resist a delicious blueberry pie?! Well, me until 2 years ago...but I didn't know what I was missing. 

Of course this sent me on a hunt to find the perfect recipe. Who wants to trek to Linvilla every time the craving hits?!

I initally tried this one for Thanksgiving - although the pies were pretty, the filling was not sweet enough. I think it was due to blueberries not being in season. Yet the consistency was good and the crumble topping passed my test. So when Price asked me to make one for him upon his return this week, I knew I had to give this recipe another whirl.

I even upped the ante and made a lattice crust apple pie. I guarantee he will ask why I didn't make an apple crisp. He is a kid after my own heart...we love a crumble, crisp topping on everything. However, my dad likes pie crust and Price WILL eat this - I cannot blame him for having a preference though. 

I sure hope this pie cures Price's case of the blues. I wonder if he will be up to breaking the rules. Hmmm...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top