Pucker Up

What do you do when it is your grandmother's bday and she does not want a cake??? BUT in the same conversation, she tells you how she is currently obsessed with everything lemon...you text Rae immediately (and let your mom sleep a little longer) as you begin to scour Pinterest for lemon dessert recipes. Because with insatiable sweet tooths, YOU NEED something sweet to celebrate your birthday.

Rae and I decided on a lemon crumb bar recipe and a lemon pie. We even saved a lemon cake to make for our families this coming Mother's Day. All I had to do was execute the plan which included a trip to the market.

And then my mom hit me with a curve ball. She sent me this recipe. Three words immediately caught my eye. Lemon. White chocolate. Need I say more?!

The prep time for this recipe was about 30 minutes. It was easy to make and I didn't even have to pull out a mixer. 

The only question was if they would taste as good as they smelled baking. AND I also wondered if it would be too sweet since glaze seeped into the bars for 12 hours. 
Since it was my grandmom's birthday, she had first taste and was the judge. She text me: soooooo delicious. WE HAD A WINNER!

Looking for a cure for spring fever??? Pucker up and whip yourself up a batch of lemon lemonies. They are definitely what the doctor ordered.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top