Diving Between November's Covers

I have run into a problem. My kindle is fully loaded with books I am anxious to read. I have another pile on my nightstand that I cannot wait to start. YET all my library holds all of a sudden became available. Soooo this month, I plugged away at the library's offerings in order to return them for others on the waiting list. 

The Ever After by Sarah Pekkanen
The Ever After was easy enough to get through, but I am pretty certain I could have moved this to my discarded pile. Although I understood Josie's plight - I did not connect with the characters. *shrugs* 

At Long Last by Brenda Jackson
Somehow I ended up with TWO of Mrs. Jackson's books this month. I don't like to play favorites, but while I am fully emerged in Hallmark movies and sick - it has to be something good to make me turn the tv off. And let's just say a love story gets me every time.

Love In Catalina Cove by Brenda Jackson
Typically, there are not a ton of things that shock me when being consumed by a Brenda Jackson book. However, this one definitely had a few unexpected twists that gave me pause. This book also made me have a greater appreciation for my parentals. 

Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
Loyalty is one thing I take seriously. So let's just say this book pissed me off.

The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan
When I picked this book up, I noticed immediately it sparkled. There was glitter embedded in the cover! I knew there would be many things to love in between their pages. From sibling relationships, the pressure of being a respected woman in the workplace and still taking care of home, being an involved auntie, tackling love lives, and enjoying Christmas with your family in snowy Scotland...this book was ideal for my soul. 

It seems as though the books sent to me this month were very specific in regards to dealing with grief, not standing in your own way, and just living. Let's just say I took note. 

Have you read anything good lately?! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top